Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What Ever It Takes

whateverittakes
In Michael Wesch's video, he made several comments relative to my current experiences in college. In the past years, I have lived a sedentary, somewhat isolated life that lacked socializing. The use of blogging has encouraged me to communicate more. It allows me to tell my opinion and get feedback from others.

My self-awareness has been improving through this class. It has allowed me to see myself the way others see me on my blogs. By posting my picture, I can see how I appear to others and think of ways to improve or change it. Sometimes I see other's blogs and they have similar views to the one's that I have. This makes me think my thoughts have value and are not always wrong.

Also, Wesch discussed how media has given more meaning to "whatever." As times change, media has a big impact on the culture. Media and technology is constantly changing. He described the past meaning of "whatever" as a form of selfishness. As future teachers, we have to care and "Let's do whatever it takes...by whatever means possible." If you would like to watch Wesch's video, click here.

2 comments:

  1. So you think his closing comments are possible to achieve? I hope you and he are correct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Self-awareness is a very powerful focal point for someone, glad to see yours is improving. As for 'whatever it takes', I hope you can utilize that sentiment in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete