Monday, November 16, 2009

At The Teacher's Desk

attheteachersdesk
At The Teacher's Desk, there were many ideas discussed about the use of collaborative learning in the classroom. First, skyping was a collaborative way to spark student's interests in class work. It gives students and teachers a new way to come up with new ideas from outside resources. Also, it may be useful to skype a place being discussed in the class and listen to what the local students there have to say from first-hand experiences. For example, if my class is reading To Kill a Mockingbird, I could plan a skype visit with students in Monroeville, Alabama and get insight from them.

Second, Teachers Need to Become Social Networking Experts discussed how the networking tool can be used to collaborate with other teachers, parents, students, and other educational professionals. I have only been on Facebook about 4 months and my network has grown drastically. I am already a member of my senior class alumni and a Facebook family tree. I read the post about the teacher who had a Facebook page to collaborate with his students' parents. The idea sounded good, but I don't think Facebook is private enough for that type of networking.

Also, I liked the presentation of The Fundred Project. The idea and the way it was advertised to other classrooms was very organized. It explained the project and posted a power point demonstrating the reason for it. The project encouraged other teachers and schools to collaborate to succeed in this project's completion. Also, I want to know if President Obama makes the even exchange for the template 100 bills. If you would like to read about the fundred project click here.

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, Isn't this a cool idea. If I was a teacher now, I think I would have to participate in the Fundred project. I did not know that the lead problem was so bad in New Orleans. It is great to see so many students participating in this activity!

    ReplyDelete