Saturday, November 21, 2009

New Classroom Rules By Education Innovation

NewClassroomRulesbyEducationInnovation
I like the rule "Come to school everyday, unless you would rather just go on-line." I commute to school 2 days a week. I find it very convenient to take an on-line course to prevent traveling everyday. Spring semester 2009 was my first semester back in school after 13 years. I commuted 3 days and the stress was overwhelming. I don't know of many times that I have been stressed out like that. To decrease stress, I decided to have classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays for as long as possible. I have 3 classes on campus and one online.

Secondly, we should "Be polite, courteous, and respectful at all times in both physical and virtual space." I think this rule is important, because perception and appearance are important parts of life. If you are a professional educator, you should dress, act, and be respectful as a part of your profession. If you would like to view the new classroom rules, then click here.

2 comments:

  1. I would love taking classes online, without entering a classroom. But, then again, I really wouldn't have the personal contact with instructors and fellow students. In reading about this, I asked myself at what age schools and teachers could realistically expect students to responsibly fulfill all class duties and yet never attend classes held at a physical location. To me, such a format could not be considered for students below the ninth grade level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize, until this semester, how many students drive from long distances to get to South everyday. I agree online classes are great for students who live an hour or two away. I think we will see more online courses in the future, and less time in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete