Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New Media Literacy Policies by the NML Staff

NewMediaLiteracyPoliciesbytheNMLStaff
New media literacy skills are the things you need to know in order to teach in today's classrooms. It is more like a thought process and a teacher has to be able to interpret new information from the web correctly before including it in the classroom instruction. These skills will create more reliable information presented in the classroom.

I think these are effective skill needed in today's society. Today, perception and deception is a part of everyday life. One needs to be aware of these skills as a part of survival. Judgement and negotiation are the most important of these skills. One has to be able to use sound judgement and make the right choices. Also, negotiations help to reinforce and support that those choices are right.

I am beginning to improve my judgement and negotiation skills, because they are weak right now. I had done very little work on the web before 2009, but I am learning and willing to continue learning new things. As I continue in my education, I should gradually accumulate the other skills over a period of time.

1 comment:

  1. You are learning, as we all are. You have shown great initiative in acquiring new skills this semester. You started out not knowing nearly as much as some others, but you are catching up. It takes time and a willingness to work hard. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete