Saturday, September 26, 2009

Micheal Wesch: A Vision of Students Today

There were many things the movie showed that are present in the classroom today. It presents the problems associated with today's college students. The statement was made that technology alonewill save us. I don't agree with it. It may save some people and may leave technologically illiterate people further behind. This statement won't benefit everyone.

My classroom experience is a little different from the video. This movie was filmed in 2007 at the beginning of the decline in the economy. I would add students who have families, coming back to school to get a career, and unemployed. I am 33 years old and there are students around my age or older in the classrooms. Also, the class sizes are not quite as large as those in the film.

1 comment: